Monday, January 18, 2010

If I Love You

If I love you then there are ten things you need to know about me.

1. Don't tell me not to worry about you cuz' this is what I do. You may as well tell my heart not to beat.

2. Bill Clinton said it but I mean it...I feel your pain. I have the gift of discerning when you're hurting and I am hugely empathetic. Again, something I can't help.

3. I will defend you fiercely with all that is in me. I will go Mama Bear on the butt of anyone who tries to hurt you while I'm around.

4. I will believe anything you tell me. Even when you lie to me. If I find out you lied to me it will hurt me deeply...but I will still love you.

5. I will stand up for you if I hear someone put you down. I will probably end up insulting them in the process.

6. Nothing makes me happier than a hug from you.

7. I will think about you AT LEAST once a day, probably more.

8. I will pray for you each night. Again, not negotiable, don't even try to ask me not to.

9. Anything you want to tell me will stay between us.

and finally...

10. Your heart is safe with me. I'll do all in my power to make you happy.

All I ask in return is that you remember that my heart is tender too.

No comments:

Post a Comment